Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Maybe I'll Give Blogging a Shot

Spent all afternoon reading this book:
"Following Jesus without Dishonoring Your Parents"

Put together by a team of Asian Americans who have been involved with campus ministries for awhile now.

And gee whiz, Asian American Christians are a lot more similar to each other than I thought.

As I reading, I was thinking, "This book is telling me that I'm just a typical Asian American Christian... everything written here describes my condition perfectly. It's ridiculous"

But even more, this one line struck me. "You don't have to be good to be acceptable to God. You have to be forgiven."

Oh yeah...that's who I really am. God's child.

How easy it is to find my identity and worth in shame, failures, accomplishments, circumstances and even in being Asian American... and forget that before God, all I really need is Jesus.

Oh, the wondrous cross... :)


Another random thought from this week:

"Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, 'O you of little faith, why did you doubt?'" Matt 14:31 (ESV)

Isn't it neat how Jesus is the one that reaches out and takes hold of Peter and not the other way around?