Meet my new bubbly friend on my left toe. He's quite squishy.
It's actually smaller than what it looked like right after the race. Disgusting, yea-uh? I shall refrain from describing some of the other ways in which my body performed homeostasis. God is so incredible. How did He know that our bodies had to react in such weird ways to stay healthy? So creative.



One of my favorite things to do is run in the middle of the street through suburban neighborhoods on a sunny day- and that was a huge chunk of the run. Sooo nice.
Good job to David and Quincy for finishing with amazing times, dang guys. Here are pictures of before the race and after. Doesn't it look like we didn't suffer at all? But ooh, we did. The final mile seemed like the longest mile of my life. Can't imagine what a full marathon is like- but now that's the next challenge. Weehehhee
Anyways, we got our COW BELLS! Praise the LORD. It was sweetly satisfying.


Best quote of the day: (Quincy on phone with his dad) "Pops, Vicky beat your best time- She's a girl AND she was pooing at the beginning of the race."
-___-
Yeah it's true, I really had to go. I hate running with the feeling of having to poo. It's like moving on in life without dealing with your sin. It REALLY sucks. !!! BUT...!!!!
because I was trying to go... and started the race 7 minutes after everyone else, I discovered another trick to running long distance races- start after the gun goes off (only if you have the running time chip) and just spend the entire race passing people. Makes you feel like you're going faster...even if you're not. =)
Another lesson learned: ibuprofen should NOT be taken before running 13 miles. I took it because my right leg was experiencing really sharp pains the couple days before the half, but boy, my stomach was not happy after the race. Major whoops. Learned afterwards that advil makes kidneys all messed up and can mess up the lining in the stomach, esp when running long distances. It is by His grace I'm still alive today...

After the run at our greasy food restaurant:
These were the most confusing bathroom doors I've ever seen. Women's ended up being the right door, as the sign says, I guess... but Quincy and I had to peer in both to look for urinals before we were sure. Way to make everyday human processes difficult =P