Monday, October 4, 2010

Faith

"The opposite of faith is not doubt, but fear." -Philip Yancey

Fear.

There's this one thing I've been refusing to shoot for simply because I'm scared of failing.

These past couple weeks, there's one question that I've been trying to answer:

Where is God and what does it look like for me to go where He is?

I think the answer kinda has come. And my response: "HWAT God, are you serious?!"

But y'know, thinking back on my limited experience in 23 yrs of life, the things I actually remember include that time...

1) Tom Cruise (this dude in Taiwan I met during missions) accepted Christ when I could barely share the gospel in Chinese on the first day of the trip
2) I was offered a job even though I could think of over a dozen of my own friends who were way more deserving
3) My friends forgave me
4) My family took the step of faith to move out to California to start a church plant that never happened yet we're still where we are today
5) I saw my friends transform into better people before my eyes over the course of a couple years

...all those times when I just couldn't deny God's power and love were there.

One life. Journey of faith or journey of fear. Or I guess you could live life without a journey and stay in the same place forever.

The same power that conquered the grave lives in me.
The same love that rescued the world lives in me.