Saturday, November 20, 2010

Perspective

About 30 minutes into my run this morning, Bruno Mars' song comes on. The one that everyone knows by now. "Just The Way You Are."

After hearing the first line of the song, the tune is completely destroyed forever.

"Your eyes...make the stars look like they're not shining."

...um...

1. To my left, the rays from the sunrise are peeking through a crack of clear sky sandwiched between puffy rainclouds passing by after a long night of rain, creating a pink glow amidst the gray.

2. To my right, a FAT RAINBOW is piercing right through the center of the Golden Gate Bridge. There aren't words to describe a rainbow. It's a frikin' rainbow!

"Therefore in the east give glory to the LORD; in the coastlands of the sea, give glory to the name of the LORD, the God of Israel."

Isaiah 24:15

(Isn't it crazy that this verse was in my QT passage THIS morning?!)

DUDE BRUNO, WHAT SKY ARE YOU LOOKING AT?! I've seen lot of people, but I haven't seen anyone who puts the art of nature to shame. Haha, the song has now been added to my "lame" list.

I could not stop smiling as I ran this morning. This guy was walking his dogs along the beach and as I ran by him, we just glanced at each other and pointed towards the sky with joy.

True beauty. True value. Found only in my AMAZING God.

Training for this marathon, though time-consuming and terribly tiring, has been an absolute treat. The sky is a constant distraction from whatever pain or fatigue I may be feeling. Some days I hate the run, some days I love the run. But the sky is ALWAYS beautiful.

Serves as a reminder that keeping my heart set on things above...really makes a world of a difference.

It's still incredible to me that it's been a year since Thanksgiving 2009.

Life has been good. A lot "easier" than what it was even 6-8 months ago. But I know it's not going to stay easy. And I have absolutely no idea what is to come. Kind of weird, but y'know, life has always been that way. I thought I knew what was coming, but it was always a surprise. I've been appalled by how terrible I could be, but also floored by how gracious my God is.

Anyways, just to sum it up, my run this morning was screaming HOPE. Even though it started raining again 20 minutes after I showered, I could look back and then look forward towards the next break in the clouds. Oh, like right now.

It's really beautiful.