"I will never leave you nor forsake you." Hebrews 13:5
Earlier this week, I found out one of my closest friends is moving away to New York City at the end of the month. She's been an amazing friend and sister to me for the past four years. Though I'm happy that the Lord provided a job for her husband and a new direction for her new family, it broke my heart to know I will have to say bye.
I DIED on the inside. I love her so much.
It's been four years of getting to know each other. I saw her meet her husband, get married and have a kid. It was beautiful. Four years of opening myself up to her and her opening up to me. So many memories. So much joy. But now, so much...sorrow.
Why does "Lord, have YOUR way" so often have to entail saying bye and watching people come and go?
I've had so many of these weeks where I wished I just didn't care about people. It's really hard to take my eyes off of me.
So many friends have left the Bay Area. People that I love so much. One after another. I want to leave too. It's too painful. Why can't I leave, God? My heart physically hurts. And getting to know new people is a lot of work.
I don't want to say bye anymore.
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Whatever's in front of me
Help me to sing hallelujah
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Whatever's in front of me
I'll choose to sing hallelujah