“Hey, you guys plus Danny were the ones who moved me in last
year. It’s like we were meant to be in the dorms together.”
Tammy’s remark made me pause for a moment. Holy cow, she’s
right.
God is always doing a new thing. Yet I also find that He
brings me back to a place where I will remember that He is worthy of my trust.
One year ago,
Will, Danny, Stanley and I moved Tammy into the dorms. It
was the first day of outreach- I was terrified of stepping into college
ministry again.
My uncle passed away unexpectedly, my dad had to rush back
to Taiwan, leaving me to drive my sister down to SLO and move her into school.
On the third Wednesday of the semester, the weight upon my shoulders was so heavy that I just sobbed as I
drove home.
I missed one Francis Chan conference in SF and got to go to
another one in SJ.
One year later,
Tammy, the girl who I reached out to last year in the dorms is now
the one loving the freshmen with Will, Stanley and me.
I drove my sister down to SLO again- she is like a different person from a year ago. God has worked in my family so much since my uncle's death.
On the third Wednesday of the semester, crap at work and the fall thrust in ministry was getting to me and I found myself wanting to run away. I asked my church family for prayer and a peace that
surpasses understanding overtook my soul.
I missed Francis Chan in Berkeley but I get to see him in SF. I love that Francis Chan is in the Bay Area. Hehe!
There are differences. I’m living with roommates, work has
changed, seniors graduated and new students are coming into my life. I may not
be in the Bay Area next year. I may be in the Bay Area for another ten years. The
amazing thing is that as these things come and go, the Lord and His Word remains the same.
Here I raise my Ebenezer;
Hither by Thy help I've come.
This is my God.