If you're not aware by now, let me give you a little background information. I'm not a fan of Asian American Christians.
Aite, end of background info.
As I was BARTing back to the eastbay on Saturday night, I got stuck in THE car with all the...Asian American Christians. Not just any, but a specific group of Asian American Christians, whom I shall not name.
Anyways, the moment I realize who I'm stuck with for the next 15 minutes...my immediate reaction is like that episode of HIMYM when Robin finds an engagement ring in her champagne and thinks it's from Ted, and she just looks at Ted in terror and says..."No. No, no no no no no no. No NO NO no no no!"
Ha. Yea, that was totally me. Seriously, could I get any more judgmental?
I know the truth. They are my brothers and sisters in Christ. But man...I have little to no love for them, even though I'm just another Asian American sinner saved by the same grace of Jesus.
The feelings of hatred and bitterness towards them and I guess, their entire "culture" in general, has been a deep rooted issue for a couple years now, maybe longer. Probably longer.
And then, this morning, after saying "Good morning, Jesus. I'm really mad at Asian American Christians"...
I opened the WORD to 1 Corinthians 12, because yesterday was ch 11 and tomorrow is ch 13,
22 On the contrary, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and on those parts of the body that we think less honorable we bestow the greater honor, and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty, 24 which our more presentable parts do not require. But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it, 25 that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another.
...and I let out a wild MOOOOOOAAAANNN as my face fell flat on my table in disbelief.
Funny, God. You're real funny.
Dude, I 'm missing the gospel somewhere in this heart of mine... There's no way I'm going to be able forgive and love these people on my own.