Friday, January 20, 2012

Spiritual Warfare, Vicky Style

September 24, 2011

I went kayaking in the Monterey Bay and threw up 3x during Berkeley ICA's fall retreat. Bright orange vomit. Thank you, cheetos. I do not recall ever throwing up due to motion sickness in my life before this day.

This also occurred when I returned to college ministry. God gave me a second chance.

Quiet Times the next two days:

September 25, 2011

"If you have found honey, eat only enough for you, lest you have your fill of it and vomit it."
Proverbs 25:16

September 26, 2011

"Like a dog that returns to his vomit is a fool who repeats his folly."
Proverbs 26:11

January 19, 2012

I barely ate anything yesterday and somehow managed to go Big-D 3x after getting majorly rebuked. I had to wake up in the middle of the night because my stomach woke me up. I always thought I had a stomach of steel because I'd eat kimchi and drink milk for dinner and feel fine. My stomach never wakes me up.

Before I ran to the bathroom though, I had to whine and cry, confess and repent, and then apologize to a bunch of people for being an ass.

Quiet Times January 20, 2012:

"Blows that wound cleanse away evil, strokes make clean the innermost parts."
Proverbs 20:30

I know, it's gross. I may be completely off and perhaps this has nothing to do with God working in my life.

BUT TOTALLY FREAK.