Monday, February 7, 2011

Weakness

I hate church hopping.

I'm really good at hiding some of my fears. I bet most of you think I'm this happy social friendly bubbly person. I'm not.

Two of my weird dislikes/fears:

1) Greet one-another time at church.
You know- that time when you have to stand up and make conversation with a stranger for a couple minutes and pretend to enjoy it when you actually hate it.

2) Asian American Christians from Cal.
I'm not kidding. If you're not one of my closer friends, I probably don't like you if you're Christian and Asian and you go/went to Cal. I'm sorry.

Basically, I'm just sick of taking the initiative in relationships.

I visited a church alone yesterday and walked out in tears and almost even drove back to my parents in San Jose so I didn't have to feel so alone.

What a wimp, huh? SO WEEEEEAK!

This is how much I need God's strength.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

God's grace in my life:

A phone call with my parents, during work, outside the work building.

My family's version of a 3-way call: I'm on cell phone with my mom. Dad's on his work phone with my mom. Mom's got both her cell phone and home phone on speaker.
Pretty amazing how my dad can hear me crying through four phones.
Hehehe.