Friday, May 21, 2010

Uncertain

A lot of things are changing. People are leaving left and right. I just stood still for a very, very long time in my empty apartment staring at my desk, covered with photo collage gifts of the friendships God has placed in my life these past five years.

Last night, David, Wendy and I laughed for three hours over how awkward our friends are. I can't believe two of my best friends are going to be 300+ miles away next year. :(

24 hrs later, after both commencements have passed and I've said bye again and again, I think I can say this with certainty: I'm so scared.

I don't think it's a coincidence that many of the encouragement notes my friends gave me for graduation quoted the same proverb.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6


I'm shivering with sadness.

Jesus, help me trust that...

your mercies are new every morning,

and your grace is sufficient.

It's just the beginning.