Y’know how sometimes it freaks you out when a TV series or movie parallels your life, or somehow the characters just understand what you’re going through?
Y’know what’s even freakier?
When God’s Word totally gets you.
Yesterday morning, I read about how Joseph was forgotten. And I was totally feeling the same way.
Today in chapter 41, the story continued, but it continued two years later. TWO YEARS later, Joseph tells Pharaoh, “Not me, but God…” (Gen 41:16)
Two years prior, Joseph told the cupbearer, “Don’t forget me. My name is Joseph. Don’t forget Joseph.” (Gen 40:14)
Two whole years later, Joseph tells Pharaoh, “GOD.”
Can you imagine what those TWO YEARS in jail were like for Joseph? No facebook, no iPod, no gchat, no hot girls, no Starbucks, no beer…
And somehow, at the end of those two years, Joseph understood that it’s not about him, it’s about His God. I bet he threw massive fits and whined like a baby for awhile. Why do I bet this? Because that's what I did...
But after two years, Joseph realized it's about
God.