I always had the impression that girls had it tougher than guys when it comes to relationships.
But this past weekend, I realized: SUCKS TO BE YOU, BOYS!
I thought I made it hard for guys to get me when I made these 3 men my standards: 1)My Dad 2) Francis Chan 3) Jim Halpert.
As if these standards aren't high enough (if you think 2&3 are unreasonable, #1 is by far the craziest), I think what's even harder is to be the guy I'd actually be willing to love and serve to the point that I'd SHARE my parents with him.
This weekend, I heard my parents pray for my future husband. It was one of the most beautiful prayers I've ever heard.
Dear Future Husband,
I think one of the nicest things, and maybe THE nicest thing I will EVER do for you, is share my parents with you.
You have no idea how lucky you will be not because of me (noooo way, hozay), but because you get to learn from the most God-fearing awesome people I know.
And to make things more difficult for you, yesterday, one of my college friends (whose taste in men I totally approve of) told me that my dad was HOT. At age 52.
You have VERY difficult shoes to fill.
GOOD LUCK, SUCKA! At least my parents are praying for you. :)
<3,
Vicky