Saturday, April 17, 2010

Man Points

Two guys and a girl go to a bar. They order two pomegranate margaritas and a Guinness Stout. Can you guess who ordered what?



Thank the Lord that manliness is not marked by how pink your drink is. Or is it? Hahaha :D



I've been thinking a lot about what it means for a man to be manly.

There are the guys (and girls) who are totally into themselves. And there are those who are into themselves and throw in the word "God," but they are still so full of themselves. They just hide it better, making it even worse. I tend to act like this, and I tend to like guys like this. Danger.

Instead, a good, solid, manly man (AND quality woman) is marked by how much glory they give to the One who deserves glory. And this is done, where no one can see-->in the heart. But out of the overflow of the heart a person does speak.

There's people who fear people. And then there's those who fear the Lord. And it's pretty obvious to me when someone fakes the latter, only because I've done it so many times myself.

Thankfully, by God's grace, there really are people who genuinely try to seek God's glory above their own. Key word: genuinely.

I was so blessed to hang out tonight with two brothers who are able to drink pink drinks because they know glory belongs to the One above. Okay, perhaps that's not why they ordered the margaritas, but it is refreshing to hear people boast in something praiseworthy. God.

David and Dawson: If this blog post makes you proud in any way because I just kinda said you were awesome, just remember, you ordered a pomegranate margarita and I ordered a manly Guinness. :P Thanks for setting an example that humbles me and points me to His glory. You da man.