Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Lost a Piece of My Heart Today

Today was a really awesome day. There were two things that happened that made me go bananas. Not kidding. It was like, ridiculously good. When they happened, I was just like, "WOW GOD. REALLY? ME?!"

And so I took Michelle and Moon to celebrate with me at Fenton's. After ice cream, we get in the car and we back out of the parking spot. Didn't see a green pole behind me cuz it was shorter than what I could see through the rear window/mirrors, but strong enough to...

leave a nice scratch in the back and crack the rear light cover. It's barely noticeable...but it went from looking like a brand new car (it's an 08) to not so brand new, but still new. Luckily the green paint came off with nail polish remover. And good thing I didn't bring my new car to Berk yet, but still, my poor parents' 08 camry now is scarred. Well, maybe it's got character.

When I heard the sound, my heart sank.

It really sank. It was so heavy.

BUT IT COULD'VE BEEN SO MUCH WORSE.

So I am still a very very very lucky gal today.

Life was too sweet today. It had to have some bitter added to it.

That's why dark chocolate is so much better than milk chocolate.

Hahaha, I bet you really want to get in my car now.

I promise you, even if I can't drive/park/unpark, I will entertain you with amazingly stupid and catchy music. In English AND Korean.

And to think my heart sinks this much when my car gets a little scratch, I think I'd die if I had a kid and he/she got hurt.

Weird how a car getting scratched reminds me of God's infinite deep, deep, DEEEEEP love for his children.